- ORSA Executive Elections (Chair, Vice Chair, Secretary, Registrar)
- ORSA Finances Updates
- City of Ottawa Procurement
- ORSA Awards of Design Excellence
- OAW’18 – Ottawa Architecture Week 2018
- New Initiatives: WOA! Women of Architecture ⎸Capital Region
- Key Note Presentation: 180 Wellington Rehabilitation Project – Winners of 2018 Ontario Association of Architects Award
KEY NOTE PRESENTATION:
180 Wellington Rehabilitation Project – 2018 Ontario Association of Architects Award Winner
This 1927 Beaux Arts landmark, with its 1959 addition, has been transformed to become a facility for the House of Commons for the next 25 years as renovations on Parliament Hill are underway. This will be the only office many parliamentarians will have during their tenure. The design response is to provide a facility that in no way appears temporary, but extends the spatial character and enduring materials of stone and copper of the original building with an ordered, dignified composition for its status.
The preservation of the building core and shell, along with sustainability components, netted a four-globe rating by the Green Globes eco-rating program. Keeping with the heritage fabric of downtown Ottawa and meeting contemporary infrastructure standards, the restoration ensures the building will be an enduring part of the federal government portfolio after its temporary use is complete.
- Neil McNulty & Eric Stein: Associates at EVOQ Architecture
- Tobias Fellows: Principal and Lead Architect NORR Ottawa
- Jean-Michel Carrière, P.Eng. : Principal at Adjeleian Allen Rubeli Limited (Structural Engineers)
Please register to help estimate attendance, the first 50 members to register receive a free drink token! Light refreshments will be provided and there is a cash bar.
This is a free event for ORSA members and their guests!